Super Tasty Chicken Enchiladas with Sour Cream White Sauce Receipt
Every country has its own unique about food, which diver from several taste, ingredient, and specific cooking method. Once you travel to Mexico, it must be great explore the traditional food which is quite unique and tasty. Chicken enchiladas is one of the best traditional food from Mexico which every traveler would fall in love with it. You can find it easily while you were staying in this country.
Chicken enchiladas provides you the taste of America and Mexico, with perfect and crispy tortilla which covered the whole ingredient inside. There will be many steps to make one enchilada, as you may also put another side dish for having different taste. Thus, enchiladas are one of the famous foods in the world. Most people would be able to eat this food with a creamy taste inside your mouth.
What are Chicken Enchiladas?
Chicken enchiladas is one of the favorite foods around Mexico and America, most people would love to eat them with different kind of topping inside. Some people would love to have some chicken, seafood, or even vegetable for having a variety of taste. Thus, the kids would love to eat Enchiladas almost every day for their lunch menu at school. It is already become a culture in Mexico to eat this food today.
The way to make enchiladas are quite different than other Latin’s food. It must be able to rolled up using a tortilla with several dish inside. However, people today would love to mix everything inside and using different type of main ingredient. Cheese is a must which become an important ingredient to add inside that would bring a creamy taste after it gets done to cook.
How to Make Chicken Enchiladas with Sour Cream White Sauce?
- 2 cups chicken broth.
- 4oz can diced green chili (most people prefer to use medium green chili with less spicy taste).
- 2 ½ cups shredded including a cooked chicken (its better to use rotisserie chicken).
- 3 tablespoon flour.
- 3 tablespoon butter.
- 1 cup sour cream.
- Prepare 10 small and soft flour for tortillas (another options is to use corn if you do not have chicken).
- 3 cups Monterey jack cheese (better if it is shredded).
Step to cook:
- Before you begin to cook everything, try to preheat the oven make sure if the temperature reached by 350 degrees.
- The first step to do while you waiting for the oven, is to combined shredded chicken including 1 cup of cheese.
- You can start to fill the tortillas with all of the mixture material above. Roll every each of them and place in a greased pan with the size 9×13.
- Before you start to heat them up, try to melt butter in a pan with medium heat.
- Once you have done with the pan, stir the flour into butter and start to whisk for 1 minute over heat.
- After one minute add broth and whisk together. You need to cook over heat and wait until It get thick and bubbles up.
- Try to take off heat and adding a sour cream with chilies inside (please be careful and make sure if it is not too hot or you will make the sour cream cruddle).
- You can pour mixture over your enchiladas, you can also put the remaining cheese on top of it.
- The last step is to bake it again in the oven for another 25 minutes. To brown the cheese you need to take another 3 minutes.
Facts About Chicken Enchiladas
- One of the famous Mexican food
The first fact about chicken enchiladas is one of the famous Mexican food in the world. Most people would not be questioning what is this food or where it is come from. The name representing the origin of this food, while most of the American citizen would love to eat this for their lunch. It has some specific taste with creamy sensation inside your mouth and crispy tortillas to enjoy.
- Easy to cook for breakfast
Most people have no idea what to eat for tomorrow, for those who have not been trying to eat this food you may wanted to try the new experience. In the other hand, people would find it difficult to prepare for the ingredient such as to create a creamy taste of enchiladas. Thus, you may add a lot of cheese inside for having tasty result.
- Perfect nutrition
As parent, you must consider about what is you children wanted to eat every day. They might be bored with special food that you already prepared every day. Thus, today you need to create something different with perfect nutrition inside of their lunch. Enchiladas having a lot of nutrition which needed for human bodies such as cheese that can be able to provide better calories and energy.
- Consist a lot of protein, calorie, and carbs
Once you prepare your lunch, eat something with full of nutrition must be important. The best part for having this enchilada for your lunch is that you can have perfect protein, calorie, and carbs at the same time. It should be easy to create with perfect ingredient that can make you full all day long. Do not need to worry about the size or portion since you can combine everything as you wanted.
- Safest food to eat during your travel
There are many travelers in the world seems to be scared once they are choosing any specific food to consume. Yet, enchiladas should be one of the best options since it can be safe to consume. Very healthy with specific ingredient inside as you can also have a crispy tortilla for your lunch.
Chicken Enchiladas Nutrition Facts
- Energy fact: 1641kj and 392kcal.
- Saturated 12.07g
- Trans 5.27g
- 0.019g polyunsaturated
- Single unsaturated 0.248g
- 60mg cholesterol
- Protein: 27.73g.
- Carbohydrates: 41.84g.
- 3g fiber.
- 4.2g sugar.
- Sodium 1628g.
- 438mg potassium
Creating a healthy and tasty chicken enchiladas is not an easy task to do. All you need to have is simple ingredient even that you need to follow every process, such as preparing for the tortilla covers. Once you can prepare this for your family, they would totally love it with special sour cream which different than many other enchiladas recipes you can found.