This refreshing strawberry banana smoothie recipe is the perfect healthy breakfast! It’s lightly sweet, a little creamy, and totally satisfying.
How to Make a Smoothie
- Fill your blender with fruit, almond milk, ice, and a little sweetener if you like.
- If your smoothie is too tart, add a little more honey or maple syrup
Smoothie Recipe Tips
- For a thick smoothie, use frozen fruit.
- For a thicker smoothie, start with less almond milk, you can always add more as you blend.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe Variations
I like to make this smoothie with a mix of strawberries and raspberries, but if you prefer to go fully in the strawberry banana direction, use 2 cups strawberries instead of strawberries and raspberries, and use a full banana instead of a half. This strawberry banana smoothie recipe works with fresh or frozen fruit, just cut back on the ice if you opt for frozen fruit. I encourage you to try adding the optional basil or mint – they add a lovely freshness to this drink.
This refreshing strawberry banana smoothie recipe comes together in seconds in the blender. Perfect for hot summer afternoons or as a healthy breakfast.
Recipe type: Smoothie
- 1½ cup raspberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1½ cups ice
- Handful of mint or basil (optional)
- Combine the raspberries, strawberries, banana, almond milk, honey or maple, basil, if using, and ice in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- If it’s too tart for you, add another ½ cup or so of almond milk and another tablespoon of honey or maple.
Optional step, strain to remove seeds: Blend all ingredients except ice. Strain the liquid to remove strawberry seeds, return to blender, add ice and pulse until combined.