Roasted Broccoli, with delicious crispy browned edges and hints of lemon and garlic, is an easy side dish to serve with any meal and can be ready in 15 minutes.
I do enjoy how roasting accentuates the flavor in foods, especially vegetables. With minimal effort and ingredients, a short visit to the oven can deliver a savory (low carb!) side dish in no time. This Roasted Broccoli Recipe is a delicious example of how roasting can take a somewhat bland vegetable to one that is devoured and requested again and again.
This Roasted Broccoli recipe is such an easy side dish to make. Begin by lining a baking sheet with baking parchment. Then simply toss quartered broccoli with olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt and pepper on the baking sheet. Spread out in a single layer on the lined baking sheet. Roast for about 10-15 minutes at high heat until lightly browned. A nutritious and delicious side dish ready in about 15 minutes? That’s hard to beat.
While roasting, the broccoli develops slightly browned and crispy edges, with almost a nutty flavor. Delicious! Little hints of fresh lemon peek through along with bits of garlic, which are such a nice addition. Another nice addition, if you would like, garnish with grated parmesan as soon as you remove it from the oven.
I think you will find this easy Roasted Broccoli will quickly become a favorite side dish for serving throughout the year. It is such a nice compliment to fish, chicken and beef, or serve it all by itself for a light meal or snack. Enjoy!
- 2 heads of broccoli, cut into quarters*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- Adjust oven rack to low. Preheat oven to 450-degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Spread broccoli on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with oil, squeeze lemon juice over broccoli, sprinkle minced garlic, and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Toss all together on pan to coat.
- Roast in oven for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned.
- If desired, garnish with grated parmesan.
*If broccoli has large stem, cut stem off, peel and quarter stem.