You can make chicken taco recipe at home easily. Using chicken for Taco is not new thing and it has been around since long time ago. In fact, Taco is widely known as versatile recipe and everyone doesn’t have issue to prepare it anytime. Well, the further information is explained in the following sections.
I cannot even count the number of times we have eaten these exact tacos in the last few weeks.
Actually wait. Yes I can.
At least 16. Yep – SIXTEEN. I say that because Max is almost 18 weeks now and we have had these tacos at least once a week since right around Christmas, soon after he was born.
How To Make Chicken Taco ?
- 1 pound chicken (thighs, breast, or mixed), skinless and boneless
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. lime juice, optional
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tbsp. garlic and or onion powder
- 8 flour tortillas or small corn
- ½ tsp. paprika, optional
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped and deseeded
- Pinch pepper and salt to taste
- Prepare large bowl and put garlic, chicken, line, spices, and olive oil. Stir and mix them until they blend perfectly. As alternative, zip-seal bag is also practical tool for mixing.
- Heat pan at medium level and cook chicken for 7 minutes. Make sure the chicken appearance is not pink anymore.
- Remove chicken and wait until the temperature is down. Slice it into small pieces; cube size is preferable.
- On small bowl, mix onion, jalapeno, tomato, lime juice, and cilantro.
- Prepare tortillas at the stovetop to create lightly charred.
- Assembles chicken into tortilla by putting ¼ cup to each.
- Add tomato and onion then cilantro sauce.
You can buy the chicken at store easily. It should be breast or thighs without bone and skin. Some people like to choose thighs because they are more juicy and subtle than breast. Of course, boneless chicken breast is quite solid and harder than thigh part. Lime juice and paprika are optional depending on your personal taste.
Cooking instructions consist of two parts. At first, you can start by mixing chicken with additional seasonings. You may wait ten to fifteen minutes to let all seasonings absorbed into chicken. Second part of chicken taco recipe is mixing the topping. You can utilize small bowl, and the ingredients are free to customize. This recipe uses onion, tomato, and cilantro. You can also put other vegetables based on local availability.
As we know, taco uses tortilla and this is part where you should pick the right one. At ingredient list, small corn is alternative if you intend to do different cooking instructions. In that case, you do not have to insert chicken into tortilla. On the other side, mix chicken and corn equally in plate or bowl to enjoy. Chicken taco recipe only takes less approximately 30 minutes. The preparation time is 10 minutes, and the cooking process is 20 minutes. Of course, all of them are ready without cooking tortilla from the beginning.
From list above, you see many ingredients to prepare, but the instructions are only few steps. In general, you only mix the chicken and tortilla then enjoy the taco. This recipe is suitable for lunch and dinner, especially events with family and friends. This is what you need to know about chicken taco recipe.